Let’s talk about goal setting. I’m going to be honest, I have struggled with staying motivated + consistent over the past few months. Life just gets in the way, things get too hard, my anxiety goes off the wall, blah blah blah… excuses excuses. 🤦🏽♀️
We’re so obsessed with an end goal + immediate gratification that we forget about the grit. The grit is the hard work, the consistency, and SHOWING UP for yourself through all the struggles. But how does one keep motivated through the grit?
It all starts with setting short + long term goals and sticking to a routine.
Some tips to start:
1. Write your goal down in a place you will see it every day, and COMMIT yourself to that goal. 🔐
2. Think of an incentive to reward yourself with after you have CRUSHED that goal! Getcha those shoes you’ve been eyein 👀
3. Ask yourself what you will need to accomplish daily to reach your goal, then schedule a definite time every day you will take action. 📝
4. SET REMINDERS ON YOUR PHONE!! 📲
5. Grab a friend or get a coach! The more support you surround yourself with, the more accountable you’ll be. 👯♀️
6. Log your progress daily + reflect on your strengths and how you can improve.💭
7. PSYCH YOURSELF UP! 👏🏽 If you go into a workout telling yourself it’s gonna suck, well, it probably will. Show up, push past those negative thoughts, + embrace the badass you are! 🏋🏽♀️
One goal that I have set for myself is to face at least one fear of mine daily for the next month. 🤙🏽
I challenge you to create a goal + comment below how you are going to CONQUER it! ⬇️