WHY HAVE I PUT WEIGHT ON TODAY?
Let's logically think about this.
1lbs of body fat contains roughly 3500kcal.
You've 'somehow' gained 2lbs over night.
This means that you ate 7,000kcal in excess yesterday without knowing it.
I.e. the equivalent of two large domino's pizza's in EXCESS.
Come on guy's. there's something else going on here. Quite a lot in fact;
1) The time you weigh yourself is mega important. Do this in a fasted state before you've had anything to eat or drink and after you've been to the toilet. Don't have breakfast then weigh yourself...food actually weighs something you know.
2) How hydrated are you? Your water balance can make you weigh heavier or lighter independent of changes in fat. Do this test; neck a pint of water and see how your weight changes...you'll be heavier. Is it fat gain by drinking zero calorie water, or is it because you've just drank water?
3) Your glycogen stores. Have you been training really hard and not eaten enough carbs? Well, you'll lose the carb stores and the water bound to it.
4) Timing of your last meal. If you've had a big meal the night before, it's likely going to be still digesting. Therefore you still have food in your gut. Yes, the still weighs something.
5) Salt causes you to retain water to maintain blood concentration. Had a salty meal the night before? You'll be retaining water.
6) If you've had a super hard sessions and you're sore AF, the inflammation associated with this can cause water retention.
7) Stress = increased cortisol = increased aldosterone = water retention. So, chill the fuck out.
8) Menstrual; cycle. This should hopefully be self explanatory.
SO, the scales will drive you absolutely mental if you solely rely on this as a form of measurement.
Use the scales to track progress over time and to measure trends. Don't get caught up on your daily weight as there's clearly loads going on besides fat loss/gain.
And finally, please don't get emotionally attached to this number. There's more to life than a number on a scale.
To conclude, the scales can be a dick.
Peace out 🤘🏽