Easy pork meatball and pasta bake INGREDIENTS
400g gluten free pasta
750g pork sausages
1/3 cup (80ml) extra virgin olive oil
1 onion, chopped
3 garlic cloves, chopped
6 sprigs thyme, leaves picked
2 tsp fennel seeds, toasted and crushed 2 tbs tomato paste
500g truss tomatoes, chopped
150g buffalo mozzarella (or mozzarella)
½ cup (40g) grated parmesan
Micro basil or basil leaves to serve. METHOD
1. Preheat oven to 220°C fan-forced. Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook until al dente. Drain and then set aside.
2. Squeeze the meat from the sausage casings and discard skins. Roll into walnut-sized meatballs and then set aside.
3. Heat 2 tbs oil in a large frypan over medium-high heat. Add the meatballs, season and cook, turning, for 6-8 minutes until browned all over. Remove from pan.
4. Add remaining 2 tbs oil to the pan, reduce the heat to medium, then add the onion and cook 3-4 minutes until softened. Add the garlic, thyme and fennel seeds and cook for a further 1 minute, or until fragrant. 5. Add the tomato paste and tomatoes and cook for 2-3 minutes, then add 1 cup (250ml) water, bring to a simmer and cook 6-8 minutes until reduced slightly.
6. Pour into an ovenproof baking dish with the meatballs and pasta, then stir to coat. Tear the mozzarella and dot over the top, plus scatter over the parmesan. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden and bubbling.
7. Serve scattered with micro basil.