Meal Prep Monday! Lately I’ve been seriously craving lots of fresh veggies. This was delicious and super filling!
Kale Power Salad:
* 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
* 2 teaspoons + 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
* 3/4 teaspoons salt, divided
* 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
* 1 bunch of curly kale, washed, stem removed and chopped
* Juice of 1/2 a large lemon
* 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
* 1 large avocado diced
* 1/3 cup chopped almonds
* 1/4 cup chopped red onion
LEMON TAHINI DRESSING:
* 1/2 cup tahini
* Juice of 1 large lemon
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 3–6 tablespoons warm water
1. Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. On a large sheet pan, toss together the diced sweet potato with 2 teaspoons olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper. Bake sweet potato until fork tender, 35-40 minutes, flipping once.
2. Prepare the kale while the sweet potatoes are baking. Add the chopped kale to a large bowl with 1 tablespoon olive oil, juice of 1/2 a large lemon and a heaping 1/4 teaspoon salt. Use your hands to massage the kale and make sure everything is mixed together, about 1 minute. Set kale aside until sweet potatoes are finished baking.
3. Make the dressing by adding all ingredients to a bowl and whisking until a creamy dressing is formed. Add the water slowly until desired consistency is reached.
I put extra tahini on top because I’m obsessed! ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
#monday #mealprep #lunch #kale #salad #avocado #plantbased #vegan #vegetarian #recipes #nom #veggies #veg #delicious #healthyliving #health #wellness #fitness #holistic #healthcoach